Tuesday, May 31, 2011

First Trip to the ER

We have been so fortunate over the last five years with real kid emergencies. I have two of the sickest kids on the earth when it comes to ear infections, flu, strep throat, and stomach bugs- but we have been extremely blessed not to have anything major happen. On Memorial Day, we were all moving and packing up things getting ready for our big move on Saturday. We were filthy!!! We spent the majority of the day in the attic & garage. Daniel left to take some boxes to storage & left his cell phone at home. Avery & Hudson were having some snacks. Next thing I know, Avery tells me that she squeezed a raisin & stuck it in her nose. Then she tells me to get it out. I looked up her nose with a flashlight & it was no where to be seen. As most of you know, I freak out over a cold, so I was in panic mode. Since I lost my cool, poor Avery started to freak out a little. I loaded her up & took her to the WK Bossier ER. After waiting about 45 minutes & still not being seen- her nose started running & she blew the raisin out on the floor. God be with me if or when something major does happen. Thank God I have Daniel who is calm & level headed in stressful situations. Sad to say that Avery didn't learn a thing from the situation... She couldn't wait to get to school today & tell her teachers and friends that she put a raisin up her nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment